Himachal Travel Destinations, Travel Ideas And Tips
We have all heard about the importance of traveling light, because of the airlines luggage restrictions but also since traveling light makes traveling easier in many respects. Most air travel packing tips therefore firmly advice you to pack as light as possible. Those that are best in traveling light usually travel with carry-on luggage only.
How To Pack: How you pack plays a big role in the outcome of your trip especially if you don’t make long trips very often. These tips will help you pack like a pro as well as special pointers for anyone traveling by plane or train.
Packing Tips: If you are looking for travel packing tips, you probably want to reduce the amount and overall weight of your luggage. Here are few tips for packing light that can help you save money, backaches, and stress as you travel.
1. Plan to wear no more than two outfits per day. A lot of times when you travel, you think you have to take your entire wardrobe with you. Truth is, whether you are a man or a woman, you will probably not need to wear more than two outfits each day. So pack accordingly.
2. Plan outfits that coordinate with each other including shoes. By packing tops, bottoms, and jackets that can be worn interchangeably, you can save a lot of room in your luggage.
3. Pack essential toiletry and cosmetic items only. Unnecessary items can take up a lot of room. Of course you need a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a comb/brush, but ladies, you do not need 65 makeup compacts and 30 tubes of lip gloss for a short vacation or quick weekend getaway.
4. Put certain things into your carry-on bag, and put the rest your suitcase. Losing your luggage or having something happen to it while it is not in your possession can be a travel nightmare, and it happens every day. This is why it is a good idea to pack toiletries, several undergarments, and at least two generic outfits (like two tee shirts and a pair of shorts or pants) in your carry-on bag.
5. Get travel insurance! This is the most important tip of them all. Packing “light” does not refer to luggage only. You do not want to travel “heavy” with stress. You want to travel “light” with peace of mind.
You can also read our Top Travel Tips for more travel ideas and tips.